Wood Floor Cleaning
You can find many types of modern and comfortable floor surfaces in houses across the US, from carpet to area rugs to tile or even stone floors. Wood floors are becoming more popular for today’s homeowners, not only because of their incredible appearance but also for their durability.
Chem-Dry of Brentwood and Chem-Dry of Franklin are industry leaders creating healthy homes in the greater Nashville Metro areas providing floor cleaning services, including wood floor cleaning. This type of cleaning combines four services to give your hardwood floors the renewed look they deserve. Natural wood and engineered wood floors have wax and polish built up overtime hiding the natural beauty of the wood.
Just like carpet, wood floors require regularly scheduled maintenance/cleaning to endure years of traffic and natural wear. On your wood or engineered wood floors, we will strip off the built up wax and polish, sanitize to remove bacteria and allergens, deep clean with powered equipment and apply a commercial grade polish to restore the beauty of your wood floors. On laminate and LVT floors, we will deep clean and sanitize.
When you experience the professional hardwood floor cleaning services from Chem-Dry of Brentwood or Chem-Dry of Franklin, you can expect:
- Removal of wax and polish build-up which hides the beauty of the natural wood
- Removal of dirt, grime, and debris buildup.
- Removal of allergens from pets and pollen, smoke, and bacteria.
- Increase of the floor’s life.
- A superior deep clean vs. typical mopping.
- Protection against any future damage.
- Long-lasting shine and brilliance.
- Sanitized floors to eliminate harmful bacteria and allergens.
- The usage of minimal moisture, removing potential damage to the wood floors.
The Wood Floor Cleaning Process
Cleaning Processes for Wood Floors
Performing a thorough inspection
- We have very skilled professionally-trained wood floor cleaning specialists who will conduct a thorough inspection of your floors to identify the type of flooring which could be natural wood, engineered wood, laminate or LVt, all of which require specific methods to avoid damage.
- Our professional technicians will also identify problems spots (deep scratches and discoloration)
- During the inspection, they will also check for the presence of any protective top coat (acrylic/epoxy)
- Chem-Dry has an excellent wood floor cleaning process. However, it is not designed to restore deep cosmetic damages such as deep scratches, gouges, surface discoloration and deep stains – which is characteristic of bare wood floors.
Removing Polish and Acrylic Coating
- If our wood cleaning technician spots the presence of floor polish or acrylic coating on your wood floor, they will proceed to remove it using our floor polish remover which can gently remove the coating without damaging the wood floor.
- After performing the inspection the next step would be to sanitizer to remove unwanted bacteria and germs – giving you a much healthier living environment.
- Next we use our special, green-certified cleaners to “deep clean” your wood floor. This process will remove dirt, debris and any leftover contaminants on the surface and grain of your wood floor – also removing any streaks and giving you a sparkling clean wood floor.
Wood Floor Polish
- After the cleaning is done, the final step would be to apply our Wood Floor Polish. The wood floor polish enhances the beauty of the wood floor and brings out the uniqueness of the grain. It also has the added benefit of providing an additional layer of protection for your wood floor until the next cleaning is required.
Why Choose Chem-Dry?
While there are plenty of DIY home cleaning solutions and retail products for cleaning hardwood floors, these products only provide short-term results and in many cases actually hide the natural beauty of your wood floors. Many cleaning products can cause damage to your hardwood floors and allow dirt and grime to accumulate over time. The experts at Chem-Dry of Brentwood and Chem-Dry of Franklin provide the best solution by providing wood floor cleaning services that won’t harm your beautiful floors.
The comparison table below highlights the benefits of Chem-Dry’s wood floor cleaning process compared to the leading DIY Mopping solution.
Chem-Dry Wood Floor Cleaning vs. DIY Mopping
|Chem-Dry Wood Floor Cleaning||DIY Mopping|
|We use a green-certified cleaner, which is certified non-toxic and safe for people & pets.||Uses strong soaps and detergents – some of which have harmful chemicals that irritate the skin and eyes and give off harmful, toxic fumes.|
|We use specialized equipment with counter rotating brushes – ensuring a deep clean.||Mopping only skims the wood surface, lacking a deep-cleaning solution and cannot remove embedded dirt.|
|Equipment allows a deeper clean – removing accumulated dirt, grime and allergens from within the wood grain.||Can’t provide a deep clean and can’t penetrate wood grain.|
|Chem-Dry minimises the use of water, protecting the wood from water damage.||Constant use of water can soak wood and can cause significant water damage.|
|Our powerful vacuum system sucks the dirt and contaminants along with any moisture from your wood floor.||A Mop can absorb some dirt and contaminants but it can also spread it around the floor instead of extracting it.|
|Chem-dry uses a sanitizer that removes germs and bacteria from the surface and deep in the wood grain leaving you with a healthier home.||Retail sanitizer products can remove surface bacteria but any germs and bacteria within the wood grain remain and can recur. These sanitizers may also harm the factory finish on your floors.|
|Uses polish that is durable enough to minimize damage to surface and prolong the life of your wood floor.||Retail polish doesn’t last as long and does not provide any meaningful protection against surface damage.|
Wood Floor Facts
- Wood floors are an excellent investment which should be protected.
- Wood floors are extremely durable. They can last the lifetime of your home with proper care and maintenance.
- Though wood floors are durable, tiny particles (dust and grime) can get stuck to the floor and can, over time, cause abrasive damage.
- Tiny bacteria and allergens can get into the tiny crevices in the grain of the wood – which can impact your health. As noted above, it is important to keep wood flooring cleaned on a regular basis to avoid these problems.
Dirt, Allergens and Bacteria in the Grain of Wood
Benefits of Performing a Thorough Wood Floor Cleaning
- Removes harmful particles (dirt, grime, smoke and allergens) from your wood floor.
- Sanitizes the floor, killing harmful bacteria, which provides you with a healthier home.
- Our floor polish provides a protective barrier for your wood floors, minimizing any future damage and increasing its lifespan.
At Chem-Dry we use the latest technology in carpet and upholstery cleaning using a truck mounted Hot Carbonating Extraction to give you superior drier, cleaner and healthier results. This process should not to be confused with the less effective Chem-Dry “Legacy” tank and buffer system.
Before and After